Nordic Energy is a National Grid Electric Alternative in Massachusetts
Keeping your home well-maintained and its various systems running as designed costs money. Wise homeowners look for ways to get the most benefit out of every dollar. You probably know how to look for the best price on new flooring or a new HVAC unit, but you may not know that you can shop for the best rates on your residential gas and electricity. Massachusetts households served by National Grid MECO can choose to work with us at Nordic Energy. We're a competitive supplier of energy products, and we bring you many perks.
When you do business with Nordic Energy, your electricity and gas still travel through the utility company's infrastructure, but Nordic Energy provides the power. We provide the power and give you additional benefits. National Grid is still responsible for the operation of a safe and efficient delivery system. They take care of power grid issues such as leaks, downed power lines, and outages. They also handle the meter readings and billing each month.
Why Choose Us
As an Alternative Retail Electric Supplier (ARES) and an Alternative Gas Supplier (AGS), Nordic Energy provides electricity and gas to customers in 10 states behind 46 utility providers. We can show you how to gain the most significant advantage in the deregulated market. Here's what you need to know about Nordic Energy:
- We're independently owned, but we have a nationwide base of operations.
- Our professional team has more than 170 years of experience in this market.
- Nordic Energy offers flexible pricing and a high level of innovation. We get electricity and gas from multiple sources to choose the most competitive market rate and pass the savings along to you. Most companies get energy from a single source and have the leverage to negotiate better pricing.
- When you apply for a quote from Nordic Energy, you get a quote in minutes without the red tape. With other companies, it can take days to get an answer.
- We're committed to giving you the highest level of customer service. You get a dedicated sales executive to work with instead of an 800 number that goes to a different representative every time you call. The sales team gets support from our energy management professionals to give you thorough and accurate answers to your questions.
- Nordic Energy takes pride in educating customers. We want you to have all the same market information and access that we do so you understand the decisions we make in managing your account.
Many people are so accustomed to doing business with the local utility company that it's difficult for them to understand how an alternative arrangement works. Here are a few of the common questions we get.
- What's the difference in pricing?
- Energy prices vary based on your usage, market conditions and costs, and fees added by your utility company. Most utility companies have variable rates based on these factors. Your bill may go up each month, even if your usage stays the same. As an alternative energy source, Nordic Energy uses a fixed-rate contract, so your rate remains the same over the contract term, no matter what happens with market rates.
- What counties do you serve?
- Nordic Energy serves all of Massachusetts with electricity.
- Does the reliability of my electricity change if I go with Nordic Energy?
- National Grid is still responsible for the infrastructure that brings the electricity to your home, so the reliability of delivery will not change. If you experience an outage, you report it in the same way as always.
- Will I get two bills for electricity each month?
- When you choose Nordic Energy, you will continue to get one bill from National Grid. They will bill you for the delivery system, and the charges for the power itself are added. If you have a billing question related to the delivery charges, you will contact the utility. If you have an inquiry about the costs of electricity, you will contact Nordic Energy.
- What are the rewards of doing business with Nordic Energy?
- Your perks begin right away when you switch to Nordic Energy. At the end of your first 60 days as a customer, you get a $100 Amazon gift card. You get $50 in Reward Dollars every month, as well as special deals, bonuses, and automatic entries into daily giveaways. You can use those Dollars in more than half a million ways to save money on your favorite brands and groceries, at your preferred online retailers, and the restaurants you love most. Your Reward Dollars can even open the door to deals on entertainment and event tickets as well as travel specials.
- How do I access my rewards?
- You can log into your account at our rewards website and explore any time of the day or night. Your rewards never expire and accumulate from month to month for up to $600 per year. Participation in all of these perks is free and automatic.
How Can I Learn More?
Contact Nordic Energy to hear more about your natural gas and electricity solutions.